Your Support Keeps These Tours
Completely Free For The Veterans
Honor Flight Network is a Federal Nonprofit 501(c)3 Organization. Donations are Tax Deductible.
All donations to our federal, nonprofit, 501(c)3 organization are tax deductible. Contributors should consult their tax advisor concerning the financial benefits of making such a donation.
The cost to conduct an average Honor Flight Network (HFN) tour out of Ohio (Cleveland, Dayton, Columbus, and Cincinnati) is now approximately $12,000 to $15,000, or more. This is the HFN cost associated with transporting about 40 World War II veterans, roundtrip airfare, meals, rental of a 56 passenger deluxe motor coach in the Washington, D.C. area, t-/sweat shirts for the veterans, insurance, etc. The guardians pay their own way. The costs associated with tours originating in other states vary based on airfare costs and whether overnight lodging is required. The cost for charting an entire aircraft (from Air Bus 320 to Boeing 747) varies from state to state and charter carrier, but can range from $45,000 to $75,000 or more. If you would like to sponsor a commercial or charter flight, please contact the Chairman of Honor Filght, Jim McLaughlin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsorship of a tour gives the contributor(s) the following:
- Membership of the organization can be at the tour send-off and will be recognized to the veterans and the press in attendance.
- Two (2) members of the organization can go on the tour as guardians for free.
- The organization can provide literature about their organization, which will be included in the in-tour packages given to the veterans at the beginning of the flight.
- The organization can conduct the "Welcome Home" ceremony.
- The organization will be included in all advertising and publicity of the sponsored tour and will be included on the Honor Flight Network website