Help Us to Serve Our Veterans Who Have Served Our Nation
The cost to conduct an average Honor Flight Network (HFN) trip out of Ohio (Cleveland, Dayton, Columbus, and Cincinnati) is now approximately $12,000 to $15,000, or more. This is the HFN cost associated with transporting about 40 World War II veterans, roundtrip airfare, meals, rental of a 56 passenger deluxe motor coach in the Washington, D.C. area, t-/sweat shirts for the veterans, insurance, etc. The guardians pay their own way. The costs associated with flights originating in other states vary based on airfare costs and whether overnight lodging is required. The cost for charting an entire aircraft (from Air Bus 320 to Boeing 747) varies from state to state and charter carrier, but can range from $45,000 to $75,000 or more.
Sponsorship of a flight gives the contributor(s) the following:
- Membership of the organization can be at the flight send-off and will be recognized to the veterans and the press in attendance.
- Two (2) members of the organization can go on the flight as guardians for free.
- The organization can provide literature about their organization, which will be included in the in-flight packages given to the veterans at the beginning of the flight.
- The organization can conduct the “Welcome Home” ceremony.
- The organization will be included in all advertising and publicity of the sponsored flight and will be included on the Honor Flight Network Web site.
For More Information
If you would like to sponsor a commercial or charter flight, please contact the Chairman of Honor Flight, Jim McLaughlin, at email@example.com.